The Pinewood in downtown Decatur was my first brunch trip in September 2012 when I first moved to Atlanta. Decatur was a less intimidating destination as I was new to the area. Parking in downtown Decatur is free on Sunday. I parked my car and walked up and down the street. I came upon The Pinewood on accident. They had just opened up for brunch. I was so excited for my meal that I forgot to take pictures. I ordered the challah french toast with berries and chantilly cream. I also ordered a side of eggs and a mimosa. Alcohol can't be served until 12:30pm on Sunday and as a result my meal was nearly gone before I tested the mimosa. I was really excited when the scrambled eggs were served in a small cast iron pan. The flavors and texture of the french toast was perfect. There was just the right amount of spice with the tart berries and sweet cream. The price for the meal was on the higher end. I didn't budget my meal and the check was about $30 before the tip. I recently returned to the Pinewood in September 2013. A mimosa is now included with the brunch dishes on Sunday!www.pinewoodtr.com
Saturday, November 16, 2013
The Pinewood-Decatur, GA
The Pinewood in downtown Decatur was my first brunch trip in September 2012 when I first moved to Atlanta. Decatur was a less intimidating destination as I was new to the area. Parking in downtown Decatur is free on Sunday. I parked my car and walked up and down the street. I came upon The Pinewood on accident. They had just opened up for brunch. I was so excited for my meal that I forgot to take pictures. I ordered the challah french toast with berries and chantilly cream. I also ordered a side of eggs and a mimosa. Alcohol can't be served until 12:30pm on Sunday and as a result my meal was nearly gone before I tested the mimosa. I was really excited when the scrambled eggs were served in a small cast iron pan. The flavors and texture of the french toast was perfect. There was just the right amount of spice with the tart berries and sweet cream. The price for the meal was on the higher end. I didn't budget my meal and the check was about $30 before the tip. I recently returned to the Pinewood in September 2013. A mimosa is now included with the brunch dishes on Sunday!www.pinewoodtr.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment